Dr Navdeep Jindal
Food Engineering & Technology
B.Tech. (Agril. Engg.) in 1991 from Punjab Agriculture University, Ludhiana
M.Tech.(Sugar Engg.) in 1995 from Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana
Ph.D. (Food Engg & Tech) in 2016 from SLIET, Longowal
Lecturer 24.121999 to 23.12. 2004
Lecturer (Sr. Scale)/ Asstt Prof (Revised scale) 24.12.2004 to 23.12.2012
Associate Professor 24.12.2012 till date
1. 1. C. S Riar, S Singh, N Jindal and D C Saxena (2009) Food Grain Process Technology. Published by APH Publishing Corporation, Daryagang, New Delhi. Pages- 219
2. D. C. Saxena, C. S. Riar, S. Singh and N. Jindal (2013) Cereal Grains: Evaluation, Value addition and Quality Management. published by New India Publishing Agency, New Delhi (ISBN: 978-93-81450-85-7)
3. C. S. Riar, D. C. Saxena, S. Singh, Vikas Nanda and N. Jindal (2015) Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals: Sources and their Developmental Techniques. published by New India Publishing Agency, New Delhi (ISBN 13: 9789383305964)
Punjab Academy of Sciences
N. Jindal and D. C. Saxena. First Prize in the Poster Session at the 3rd International Conference on Food Technology (INCOFTECH) held at IICPT, Thanjavur (India). January 4- 5, 2013.
1. Gagan Deep Singh, Sukhcharn Siingh, Navdeep Jindal, Amrinder S. Bawa and Dharmesh C. Saxena (2010) Physico-chemical characteristics and sensory quality of Singhara (Trapa natans L.): An Indian water chestnut under commercial and industrial storage conditions. African Journal of Food Science, Vol. 4(11), pp. 693 – 702.
2. Kshitiz Kumar, Navdeep Jindal, Savita Sharma and Vikas Nanda (2013) Physico-chemical and antioxidant properties of extrudates developed from honey and barley. International Journal of Food Science & Technology, Vol. 48(8),1750–1761.
3. Anjineyulu Kothakota, Navdeep Jindal and J.P.Pandey (2013) Development and Characterization of Extruded Product of Pineapple Waste Pulp, Red Gram Powder and Broken Rice Flour. International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), Vol. 2(9), 1152-1167.
4. Swati Mutreja and Navdeep Jindal (2014) Comparative study of proximate, antinutritional and functional properties of sprouted and unsprouted buckwheat flour. Journal of Plant Science Research, Vol 30 (2), 171-174.
5. Tarsem Chand Mittal, Sajeev Rattan Sharma, Shammi Kapoor and Navdeep Jindal (2014) ’Effect of Pre-Cooling and Packaging Materials under Ambient Condition Storage on Postharvest Quality of White Button Mushroom. Indian Journal of Scientific Research and Technology, 2014 2(6):60-72.
6. Navdeep Jindal and D C Saxena (2015) Process standardization for isolation of starch from buckwheat (Fagopyrum esculentum) flour. Journal of Agricultural Engineering and Food Technology, Vol. 2(1): 25-28.
7. Shatabhisha Sarkar and Navdeep Jindal (2015) Influence of acid-alcohol modification on physico-chemical, pasting and morphological properties of buckwheat (Fagopyrum esculentum) starch. Trends in Carbohydrate Research, 7(2): 15-22.
8. Navdeep Jindal and Saxena D. C. (2016). Effect of dehulling on antioxidant activity and total phenolic content of buckwheat (Fagopyrum esculentum) flour. Asian Journal of Chemistry, 27(8), 1551-1556.
Bikramjit Nandi, Kumar Sandeep, Navdeep Jindal, Inderjeet Singh and Nitin Kumar (2016) Fabrication of laboratory scale ohmic heater and its application in wheat bran stabilization. Journal of Food Processing and Preservation, DOI: 10.1111/jfpp.13035.
9. Nalin Devrajan, Prem Prakash and Navdeep Jindal (2017) Some physico-chemical properties of germinated and ungerminated buck wheat (Fagopyrum esculentum). International Journal of Science, Environment and Technology, Vol. 6(2), 1491 – 1501
10. Nalin Devrajan, Prem Prakash, Navdeep Jindal and Shashi Kala (2018) Effect of extrusion cooking on functional properties of germinated buckwheat-corn based snacks using RSM. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry, Vol 7(2), 3112-3118
11. Nalin Devrajan, Prem Prakash and Navdeep Jindal (2018) Effect of Extrusion Cooking on Colour (L*, a*, b*) of Germinated Buckwheat-Corn Based Snacks. International Journal of Current Microbiology and Applied Sciences, Vol 7, 3413-3424.
12. Apurba Saha, Navdeep Jindal (2018) Process optimization for the preparation of bael (Aegle marmelos correa) fruit powder by spray drying. International Journal of Food Science and Nutrition, Vol 3(4), 44-51
13. Deepshikha, Piyush Kashyap and Navdeep Jindal (2019) Effect of date syrup on physicochemical, pasting, textural, rheological and morphological properties of sweet potato starch. Journal of Food Measurement and Characterization. Vol 13, 2398–2405
14. Narender Kumar Chandla, Sunil Kumar Khatkar, Sukhcharn Singh, D C Saxena, Navdeep Jindal, Venus Bansal, Nitin Wakchaure (2020) Tensile Strength and Solubility Studies of Edible Biodegradable Films Developed from Pseudo-cereal Starches: An Inclusive Comparison with Commercial Corn Starch. Asian Journal of Dairy & Food Research. Vol 39(2), 139-146.
15. Piyush Kashyap, Charanjit Singh Riar, Navdeep Jindal (2020) Optimization of ultrasound assisted extraction of polyphenols from Meghalayan cherry fruit (Prunus nepalensis) using response surface methodology (RSM) and artificial neural network (ANN) approach. Journal of Food Measurement and Characterization. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11694-020-00611-0
Research Projects handled as PI
1. Development of Infrared Dryer for Cottage Scale Industries from Institute’s R & D
Research Projects handled as Co PI
1 Design and fabrication of Amla pricking machine for cottage scale industry from ICAR, New Delhi
2 Design and Fabrication of a gas fired continuous tandoori roti baking oven from CSIR, New Delhi
3 Development of Amla grader from Institute’s R & D
Copyright © 2021 , Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering and Technology, Longowal - 148106 Distt. Sangrur, Punjab, India
Developed & Maintained by Administrative Computer Services System (A.C.S.S), SLIET